I was looking for some framework/library tutorials and found that site and source giving away a real-world scenario tutorial with source code and demos for so many technological stacks. I was impressed by the amount of implementations and their quality. An easy way to see frontends and backends work out in a real environment and not just some “Hello World” ^^
Based on their starter kit I created a full stack mobile app illustrating how to develop a NativeScript app connecting to a service backend providing and pushing data.
It has been implemented against the API & specification and works with a productionready API provided by Thinkster.io as well as any other backend URL, as you can change the URL in the app itself. By that, you can check your own backend implementation.
You can go and checkout the source at Github.com or try the open beta app on the
The spec & API has been implemented completely to illustrate all different types of models, plugins etc. But I will continue to improve on the translations, UI, styling and additional options custom to the mobile environment.
I hope this helps as a real-world tutorial showing how a real app could work. Nevertheless, this codebase does not claim to be the best-practice or anything similar in that direction but just one way of achieving a result.
I am currently working on a MS Project VBA project (yeah, VBA glory ^^’) and am experiencing so many odd issues and problems in finding potential solutions that I have to write a short (hopefully) helpful article.
In general: MS Project VBA is a lot different than everything you might now from e.g. Excel. MS Project seems to be a little outside of the whole Office ecospace and therefore requires some additional handling of potentially easy functionality. One of these oddities are the MS Project planning view columns.
Adding a normal new column is not as easy as you would think. You just cannot add a new column at the end as you would do in Excel, but you have to “reuse” the existing fields of e.g. TaskText, Attributes etc. with their many occurrences (i.e. pjTaskText1-30). Editing the TableEditEx, renaming a column and displaying it… a strange-to-look-at sort of coding.
Is a column visible?
I was able to handle a lot but nearly got insane (insan’er?) trying to find out if a current column/field is visible, as only visible fields can be highlighted. I googled a lot trying to find this problem and a potential solution. There is even a multiple year old post on reddit without any solution 🙂
So, I had no other choice but take everything I was able to find and grasp and create my personal visibility check function, based on the very helpful post by Brian Kennemer and thought I should share it for others restless souls in the future ^^
' Is a MS Project task column field visible
' @param Table activeTable - The table to check for a visible column
'@param StringcolumnName-The column name tolook for
' @return boolean - True if visible, False otherwise
Maybe there is an easier or better solution out there. But when it comes to MS Project and VBA I am really starting to become desperate and grab for any solution, no matter how ugly it is (yeah, VBA, I know ^^’).
With the newest release 0.6.0 several improvements, fixes and new features were integrated:
Now the plugin is Notepad++ x86 and x64 compatible
Updated dependencies for improved PDF exports
Added an options dialog to allow the customization of CSS, PDF exports, rendered files etc.
The MarkdownViewer++ offers several options to customize your plugin experience. You can open the options dialog via the Plugins sub-menu.
On the General tab you can configure the file extensions the MarkdownViewer++ renderer should actually display. If the box is empty all files will be rendered. If you want to limit the rendering to certain file extensions list them in the textbox as comma-separated list without leading dot.
For example, if you only want to render txt, log and md files just type in "txt,log,md".
Please note that only file extensions are compared and no certain mime types or anything. If a text document is not named XYZ.txt it will not be rendered.
On the HTML tab you can fill in Custom CSS, which is used when rendering the MarkdownViewer++ preview as well as the exported HTML. Therefore, you are able to e.g. change bullet-point-list icons or sizes of headlines. The custom CSS textbox is limited to 32767 characters.
On the PDF tab you can set the orientation and page size of the exported PDF. The content is provided by the PDFSharp enumerations.
I am writing everything in Markdown syntax (you should see my many “notes.txt” or “notes.md” files ^^#) As such, I also export HTML and PDF files from them and I am constantly checking how it looks. So far, I was using Dillinger or StackEdit. Great tools, actually awesome. That is why I used them for years now.
But, Notepad++ is my main editor, opened 24/7 basically. And to always track my files in the browser and “export” them to my local filesystem just didn’t seem reasonable and feasible anymore. That’s why I went for a MarkdownViewer++, with basic rendering, HTML and PDF export.
I made a Notepad++ plugin to render the current open (Markdown) file in a dockable window as a rendered HTML to see all changes and Markdown “beautified” in an instant. It can be found at GitHub MarkdownViewer++.
Current basic features are:
Dockable panel (toggle) with a rendered HTML of the currently selected file/tab
Go try, if you like to. And leave a comment, issue, suggestion etc. if it should be improved. It is not perfect, I know it underperforms with large documents and am working on it. But I am also happy about any feedback.