MarkdownViewer++ 0.8.0 – Markdown converter changed

After a long delay I finally updated my Notepad++ plugin MarkdownViewer++.

Because of the many requests for more syntax support (especially pipe tables), I changed the internal converter library from CommonMark.net to Markdig.

By that, an update to CommonMark Spec 0.28 was achieved and support for a lot of extensions such as pipe and grid tables. You can check them out in the Readme.

Grab the newest release 0.8.0 right now or update via the Plugin Manager:

  • Changed the CommonMark.net to Markdig
  • Updated PDFSharp and HTMLRenderer.PDFSharp accordingly
  • Updated the NPP.net Plugin Template

MS Project VBA Column Visibility FTW

I am currently working on a MS Project VBA project (yeah, VBA glory ^^’) and am experiencing so many odd issues and problems in finding potential solutions that I have to write a short (hopefully) helpful article.

In general: MS Project VBA is a lot different than everything you might now from e.g. Excel. MS Project seems to be a little outside of the whole Office ecospace and therefore requires some additional handling of potentially easy functionality. One of these oddities are the MS Project planning view columns.

Adding a normal new column is not as easy as you would think. You just cannot add a new column at the end as you would do in Excel, but you have to “reuse” the existing fields of e.g. TaskText, Attributes etc. with their many occurrences (i.e. pjTaskText1-30). Editing the TableEditEx, renaming a column and displaying it… a strange-to-look-at sort of coding.

Is a column visible?

I was able to handle a lot but nearly got insane (insan’er?) trying to find out if a current column/field is visible, as only visible fields can be highlighted. I googled a lot trying to find this problem and a potential solution. There is even a multiple year old post on reddit without any solution πŸ™‚

So, I had no other choice but take everything I was able to find and grasp and create my personal visibility check function, based on the very helpful post by Brian Kennemer and thought I should share it for others restless souls in the future ^^

Maybe there is an easier or better solution out there. But when it comes to MS Project and VBA I am really starting to become desperate and grab for any solution, no matter how ugly it is (yeah, VBA, I know ^^’).